Re: SGA Diagnostics

From: Mark Merritt <merritt_at_mail.msen.com>
Date: 1997/10/02

Sanlam (joe_at_soap.com) wrote:
: Hi
:
: Could anyone give me some info on determining how much of the SGA is being
: used. My SGA is currently 710MB in size and I am not convinved that
: everything is being used. I need to know how much of the SGA is being used
: by what because I have another 512MB memory available to me.
:
: I would also like some info on improving the hit ratio of the redo copy
: latch.
:
: Please Forward some ideas.
:
: Thanks
:
: akader_at_health.sanlam.co.za

Look at ?/rdbms/admin/catparr.sql. This will set up v$bh which will let you do something like:

select status,count(*) from v$bh group by status ;

To see if you are really using all of the SGA.

/*+ The ideas expressed here do not necessarily represent those of

     Oracle Corporation