Re: Database Authentication on Webserver 3.0?

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: 1997/10/02

Leon Poon wrote:

> I have been trying to make the new authentication scheme (using Oracle
> database usernames and passwords) work on Webserver 3.0, but I am not
> having too much luck. The PDF user guide is no help and the online help
> is not that much better either. Any ideas? Basically, all I need is a
> simple working example (i.e., what I need to set in the config files, etc.)

If you know how to set up the OWS 2.0 sytle DCD (with hardcoded usernameand password), then the OWAS 3.0 DAD setup is easy: Basically define everything the same. In the DCD setup, be sure to fill in the fields for database user and database user password. But (here's the one difference), at the
bottom of that page, there`s a checkbox for 'Store the user name and password in the DAD'. Leave this box unchecked. This way, the config files will not store the user/password, and OWAS will prompt the user for a user/password when needed.

Joe Kazimierczyk
kazimiej_at_bms.com Received on Thu Oct 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT