Re: ORACLE_SID variable on NT 4.0

From: Tom Mettling <mettling_at_volpe.dot.gov>
Date: 1997/10/01

To find the default SID - use regedit and look under hkey_local_machine\software\oracle. There is a string value called ORACLE_SID. This is where you need to change it. Oracle calls it a system variable in all the setup instructions, but setting it in the Control Panel will not work - you have to use the registry.

--
Tom Mettling
WT Chen & Company, Inc.