Re: Need help with Oracle error 01406

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/10/01

> But when the query is submitted through
> Document agent we're getting an error "fetch data value is truncated"
> with an Oracle error #01406.

Sounds like the buffer string you're returning data into is too small -- the data is being truncated. This is a typical non-fatal error you would using an Oracle precompiler (such as Pro*C) when you use indicator variables on your host variables, so catch errors such as this one.

Make the return buffer bigger to hold the longest string being returned.

-djc Received on Wed Oct 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT