Need help with Oracle error 01406

From: <chuck_bayes_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/10/01

Thanks in advance for any help!

I've got several client PC's running Business Objects 3.1.1 against an Oracle database (ver 7.3, I think). We've got Document Agent set up to
manage the Business Objects queries.

The query is run against 4 tables with approx 15 and'd statements in the
where clause, grouping by 6 fields in different tables.

Here's the problem: When the query is run from SqlPlus, no problems, data
is returned fine after about 20 min. When the query is run from B.O. directly against the database, no problems, and data is returned in about
20 min again. This is normal. But when the query is submitted through
Document agent we're getting an error "fetch data value is truncated" with
an Oracle error #01406.

Do you have any idea what might be causing the error or where else I'd be
able to look?

I cut my teeth on Sybase for a year+, and am just now learning Oracle.  I
also have no prior experience with Business Objects or Document Agent.

However, there are several that I work with who are very familiar with them.

Again, thanks for any help or advice you can give. If possible, please
respond via email. If not, thanks and I'll be watching this thread.

Chuck
chuck_bayes_at_hotmail.com