Runaway java.exe when using Net8 Easy Config

From: Mark Altenbernd <maltenbernd_at_geoplex.com>
Date: 1997/10/01

I have recently installed Oracle 8 on a Pentium 133 running NT Workstation. Orcale 7.3.2 had been installed previously, and subsequent to installing Oracle 8, I installed Designer 2000 1.3.2. Now when I try to initiate Net8 Easy Config, java.exe is launched and immediately pegs CPU usage at 100%; there is no other apparent action, that is, nothing appears in the UI to indicate that Net8 has been started. The java.exe that runs comes from the \ORANT\JRE11\BIN directory.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help will be appreciated. Received on Wed Oct 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT