Re: NESTED RELATIONAL DATABASES

From: Joe <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: 1997/10/01

Pete Forman <gsez020_at_compo.bedford.waii.com> writes:

> I had similar thoughts to Jeremy when I read the September Byte
> article on Oracle 8:

> "The collection of objects lets you represent either variable-
> length arrays of data or tables nested within other tables,
> extending the original relational first-normal form model, which
> required a single value of a column for each row."

> "breaking" would be more accurate than "extending".

Good thing we're staying away from Oracle, then! Did this slip by Larry while he was trying to get the Java terminal :-) ball rolling? At least I won't have to worry about having to fire anybody for using an object-collection "field"...

[snip]

--
Joe Foster <mailto:joe*AT*bftsi0.gate.net> Spam is irrelevant.
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to