Security Violation

From: Earl Hokens <hokens_at_ti.com>
Date: 1997/09/30

I have an applet that is a very simple database applet, it connects to the DB, executes a query, displays the result. Physically the applet resides on a UNIX host. I can run the applet as a stand alone app, through appletviewer and through the web server using a browser launched from the UNIX host (same as web server).

However, when accessing the applet through the web server using a browser running on a different host (say NT workstation) I get the following security violation:

Applet testDB can't start: security violation: security.checklink: oci733jdbc

The actual database resides on a separate machine but the access is through the gateway oci7 provided by oracle.

Where is the security violation coming from and can I remove it? The violation occurs with all browsers I've tried, Netscape 4.02, 3.01, and IE3.02. Any one have a clue?

Thanks,
Earl
hokens_at_ti.com Received on Tue Sep 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT