Re: Tablespace placement with RAID technology.

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/09/30

WHD wrote:

> What would be the best method of placing my tablespaces in a RAID
> environment.
>
> Do I put Indexes on one RAID set and all other tablespaces in another
> RAID set ?
>
> Do I put indexes and data tablespaces on their own RAID set and system,
> temporary and rollback on single disks ?
>
> Cost is not an object.
>
> Thanks in advance for your response.
>
> Costa

We have had success in large environment with basically forming striped mirrors for our data, logs etc...

In the ideal world, pile as many controllers and disks into the equation as you can. In most of our environments (OLTP) it is the redo logs that seem to take most of the battering...

Cheers

Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth
Australia
email: mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au
"My views are not BHP ...blah blah"

"Opera singers are the only people that when you  stick a knife in them, they sing, not bleed" Received on Tue Sep 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT