Re: Optimizing Oracle

From: JC <jcygan_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/09/29

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 18:16:18 +0800, "ecatz" <ecatz_at_cyberdude.com> wrote:

> My Oracle server has been running for quite awhile now, it seems to be
>slowing down. I was wondering is there any tools that I can use to tweak the
>NT server or Oracle server so that I can optimize it?

This is a loaded question! Enterprise Mgr w/ Performance Pack is OK for the $$. But, if you haven't done so, read the tuning manual thoroughly. Then read the Addison-Wesley or O-Riley books on tuning. They help with the vast majority of problems. And, show you how to gather the same info that the commercial tools give you.

Good Luck. Received on Mon Sep 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT