Re: Stored Proc Question

From: Tomm Carr <tommcatt_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/29

--------------8F64AC6E7A30284353B996B6

Mark DeWaard wrote:

> I'm looking for help in creating a stored procedure to do the following:
>
> - Use a different login id and password using PL/SQL connect command
> This allows the user to have different rights than his/her login id
> - send back the results of a select query with a variable for the where
> clause
>
> PsuedoCode would be like the following:
>
> Get_Records ( Tm as Date/Time)
> Connect User/Password;
> Select * from table where date >= Tm;

Why? If you don't want to give the user select access to the table, give it to the owner of the sp and give the user execute access to the sp. That way, the only way the user can read from the table is to execute the sp.

Tomm Carr
---- ----
The only problem with doing it right the first time is then no one appreciates how difficult is was!

--------------8F64AC6E7A30284353B996B6

begin:          vcard
fn:             Tomm Carr
n:              Carr;Tomm
org:            FileNET
adr;dom:        ;;3565 Harbor Blvd.;Costa Mesa;CA;92626-1420;
email;internet: tommcatt_at_ix.netcom.com
title:          Systems Engineer
tel;work:       714.850.7627
tel;home:       562.696.3162

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0