Re: Migrating from Oracle 7.1.6 to 7.2.3.

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric__at__sprynet_.com>
Date: 1997/09/29

Basavaraj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody advice me on migrating from one version of Oracle to another
> version of Oracle.
>
> - I have two systems one using Oracle 7.1.6 and another using Oracle
> 7.2.3.
>
> I want to migrate from Oracle 7.1.6 on the first system to Oracle 7.2.3.
>
> Another options is that I would like to migrate both systems to Oracle
> 7.3.
>
> What are steps to be taken for migration and What can be the migrating
> issues ?
>
> What is your advice ?
>
> Thanx in advance
> BasavarajIt really depends on what operating system you are on. The upgrade
process is relatively easy, however, there are bugs (patches) that are operating dependent. I have upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2 with little problems on an HPUX system. Just be sure to have any known patches on hand prior to performing the upgrade. The same goes for 7.1 to 7.3. 7.3 (some of the earlier versions) has had some problems with it, so be sure to go to a version that is stable (7.3.3 or higher).

-Sheilah Scheurich
DBA To send me email remove the underscores from the address. Received on Mon Sep 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT