Re: Oracle 7.3 and SQL*Forms 3.0

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/09/29

--
Hi,

we are running SQL*Forms 3.0 agains Oracle 7.3.2.3 in production and it works
fine. Oracle support this configuration if you are running through SQL*Net.

We run SQL*Forms 3.0,SQL*ReportWriter 1.1, SQL*Report 1.0 (the good old rpt)
and Pro*C 1.6 against Oracle Server 7.3.2.3 on Simens/Nixdorf SINIX 5.42.

We installed SQL*Forms and the others from the 7.2.3 CD-ROM in a separate
ORACLE_HOME and the RDBMS software in an other ORACLE_HOME.

When running forms and the others we set the TWO_TASK environment variable
to connect through SQL*Net.

When linking PRO*C we set the paths correctly so PRO*C links to the 7.2
libraries not the 7.3 libraries.

I have tested Forms without the SQL*Net connection and it seems to work fine.
Oracle says it does not support it though, so we can't do that in our
production environment (there might be slight differences in libraries we
haven't reached yet).

Rgds
Steinar Heggelund

I'm employed in the Norwegian consulting company Opus One AS.
I have 7 years experience with Oracle products, mainly the database.
We are a small company which offers consulting services in design,
implementation and tuning of databases and applications based on Oracle.

My postings represent my opinions and they may be wrong.