Re: Scheduling Oracle Jobs on NT

From: Gary England <gengland_at_hiwaay.net>
Date: 1997/09/28

TimKArnold wrote:

> Anyone have experience scheduling
> Oracle stored procedures on NT via
> Schedule service. I would like
> to fire a stored procedure, say every hour,
> in the much same way chron works in UNIX.
> Examples?
>
> TIA,
> Tim

I don't think you can execute the stored procedure directly. You can write a script (-.sql) file that calls your procedure:

begin
myprocedure();
end;
/

This script can be run by the DOS command line:

PLUS33 uid/pwd @myscript.sql

The dos command can be named in the services, or wrapped in a -.bat file.

Kind of a long chain of events, but will get you there quickly. Haven't used the NT Scheduled service, but have used ARCSERVE and other backup systems that can run such macros before copying files.

Hope this helps, Received on Sun Sep 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT