Re: Oracle 7.3 and SQL*Forms 3.0

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/09/28

rtefft_at_radix.net wrote:
: could migrate our production database to 7.3, and use the 7.2-installed
: Forms 3.0 to access the database using SQL*Net (v2). Has anyone actually
: done this? Is this reliable enough for a production database? Any
: suggestions, experiences, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I know
: others have fought this already. Thanks!

Oracle 7.3.2 and F3.0.16 will talk to each other and work OK. Had the combo up and running for a project that I ported. Upgraded the forms, menus and reports from 3.0, 5.0 and 1.1 to their De[vs]2K equivalent running in character based mode. I'm not sure about the reliability as the prospect of no support outweighed that factor - it was De[vs]2K or bust as far as I was concerned.

: ps - Yeah, we're upgrading to Forms 4.5 but we can't wait that long for
: 7.3...

7.3 has been in production on most major platforms for ages now, maybe you are a VMS shop ?

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with