Re: How to change object sizes using export/import

From: Richard Hansen <hansenrd_at_BITEME_SPAMMERS_cadvision.com>
Date: 1997/09/27

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 00:53:08 -0500, Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Run what I call a "fake" import with the following parameters:
>
>FROMUSER=<export_schema>
>TOUSER=<import_schema>
>SHOW=Y
>ROWS=N
>GRANTS=Y
>INDEXES=Y
>LOG=<file_name>
>
>SHOW=Y displays the contents of the export file without doing the actual
>import (therefore ROWS=N is not necessary, but I would put it in for
>added safety) and LOG captures them in a file. Edit that file to remove
>the STORAGE clause for your tables.
>
>Hope this helps.

A more elegant solution is to use the indexfile=<sql file> option which writes out all table and index ddl - this also does not perform a true import. Then you simply edit the resulting file, changing the desired storage parameters (you'll have to uncomment the table ddl).

Richard Hansen
hansenrd_at_BITEME_SPAMMERS_cadvision.com

To respond, remove BITEME_SPAMMERS_ from my address