Re: Forms 4.5 Questions... Please Help...

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/27

stephen <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:

> I want to change the table name from OLD to NEW. After I created the
> table NEW and copy all data to NEW from OLD, should I need to develop
> a new Forms for table NEW? (NEW and OLD have the same data structure) ...

In the FORMS Designer, click on this block and select properties with right-mouse click. Change the name of the table. I believe the name of the property is Base Table.

> Moreover, a new attribute AAA is added to the table NEW later. Since
> the Forms does not contain the new attribute AAA, how can I create a
> edit field in Forms and connected this field to the new attriubte AAA
> in table NEW?

Similarly, expand the block in the Object Navigator to expose the items. Decide which item you want the new one to follow in the tabbing order from the keyboard, and select that item. Then, press the + (plus) key to create a new item or use <ctrl>-d to duplicate the item in focus. Go to the property worksheet for the item and make sure the Base Table property is set to TRUE. Set the rest of the properties appropriately.

This should do it,

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Sat Sep 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT