Re: external sql files

From: Ken Nichols <knichols_at_mcsilo.ilo.dec.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

Pete,

I have wondered about this same thing. I can't find a simple list of the scripts and when you run them. Some DBA books and online guides (such as the one offered by www.revealnet.com) describe a few of the most commonly used scripts, but the only thing I've found is to get in there and look at the header comment on each file.

Having looked at a few, I would not advise running each one. For example, catrep.sql states that it runs all sql scripts for the replication option. If you're not using replication, running that script would waste space at the very least, and mess things up in the worst case.

If you find any good source of info, let me know.

Regards,
Ken