Re: Installing just SQL*NET to client?

From: Amit Aggarwal <amaggarwal_at_kendle.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

Nick Miles wrote:

> I need to install SQL*NET on dozens of client machines. The only way I know
> how to install this is to use my Oracle Client Software 7.3.3 disk, but it
> gives the default option of installing DBA tools (which I'd rather not
> provide).
>
> Does anyone know how to create an install script (or possibly setup options)
> to only install the basic client software, all I really need to install is
> SQL*NET.
>
> Nick

You can install only SQL*Net also. Actually I have many different CDs which have different installation steps for SQL*Net on client, but as you go thru the steps, you can choose only SQL*Net. If your CD does not have that option, then ask Oracle to ship you the latest available Client Software CD.

amit
Oracle DBA/Unix SA Received on Fri Sep 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT