Oracle JDBC oci7 Problem

From: Jim Michalek <xacmicha_at_ti.com>
Date: 1997/09/26

When invoking the JdbcCheckup class from the Oracle JDBC I am getting the following exception:

home/xacmicha/ac% java test1.JdbcCheckup Please enter information to test connection to the database user: xxxxxx
password: xxxxxx
database (a TNSNAME entry): xxxxxx
Connecting to the database...Connecting... oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBException: ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed

        at
oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.check_error(OCIDBAccess.java:1365)

        at oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:150)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:93)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:146)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:91)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:134)
        at test1.JdbcCheckup.main(JdbcCheckup.java:43)
home/xacmicha/ac%

I can't find any information on this type of error. Does any know where some documentation is and/or do you know what my problem might be??

When I access this database using JDBC/ODBC I have no problems.

--
Jim Michalek
xacmicha_at_ti.com