Re: Help! Multiple Instances on one Host

From: Thomas.Meyer <meyert_at_dataserv.dla-marbach.de>
Date: 1997/09/26

In article <342AB990.19C91E9_at_mail.dec.com> Kim Wykoff <c-wykoff_at_mail.dec.com> writes:

   I'm trying to install a number of database instances on one machine. I    don't know how to do this, but the documentation keeps hinting that I    can.

   I want at least two differenct databases running simultaneoulsy, but I    don't know how to get them to run because svrmgrl tells me that oracle    is already running and to shut it down before I can start another one.

Dear Kim,

there is a quite comprehensive -step by step- guide in the "TIP OF THE WEEK AUGUST 23, 1996" at http://www.oramag.com/code/tip08236.html, titled "Creating A Second Database In The Unix Environment".

I've followed there instructions and was successful, going the "USING THE CRDBXXX.SQL SCRIPT" way.

Hope this helps,

--

	Thomas Meyer, EDV-Systemadministrator
	  email: Thomas.Meyer_at_dla-marbach.de