How to change object sizes using export/import

From: <jjreimer_at_wthg.com>
Date: 1997/09/25

I sometimes need to copy every object (tables, indexes, views, sequences, triggers, packages, procedures,...) for a schema from a production database to a test database. I can't pull the actual data because the test instance is too small to hold it all.

The problem is that the create table (and index) statements in the export file have the sizes of the production database. I would like to change these sizes or eliminate them so the default storage size for the tablespaces would be used.

I can do this for the indexes using the indexfile keyword on import, then editing the file. I have not been able to modify the storage clause for the tables.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? Or, has anyone been able use an editor on the export file without corrupting the file? If so, which editor?

John Reimer
DBA
Worthington Steel