Index optimizing on Oracle

From: Chris Phillips <cphillip_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/09/25

Hello again,

I am currently working on a project to port our product from SQL Server to the Oracle database. One of the major differences I have run into is clustered indexing. In SQL Server clustered indexing means that the table is physically ordered in the order the index is specified as. This helps in the retrieval of data if you are retrieveing the data sequentially. It appears that clustering is not the same on Oracle. What methods can I use to increase index preformance in this kind of situation.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
cphillip_at_mindspring.com Received on Thu Sep 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT