Local Connection WITHOUT SQL net, possible?

From: Paul Mahler <pmahler_at_pacbell.net>
Date: 1997/09/25

--------------0CFDF99BE1E97F20ED98E77A

I am running NT 4.0 with Oracle 7.3.

I am running my application on the server. The documentation makes clear how to connect via SQL net. Is it possible

to make a direct connection from the application running on the server to the instance of Oracle running on the server WITHOUT using SQL*NET??? Thanks In Advance,

--

Paul Mahler
Data Based Systems, Inc.

--------------0CFDF99BE1E97F20ED98E77A

begin:          vcard
fn:             Paul Mahler
n:              Mahler;Paul
org:            Data Based Systems, Inc.
adr:            P.O. Box 60430;;;Palo Alto;CA;94306;USA
email;internet: pmahler_at_pacbell.net
title:          Consultant
tel;work:       800-410-6384

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0