Re: Installation problem

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 1997/09/25

Check your TERM and ORACLE_TERM environments and see if they are set properly. Also try orainst /m if you are in X-Windows environment.
If it still doesn't work there is a possibility that something is wrong with your installation program orainst. Call Oracle Customer support. They won't tell you about problems/bugs unless you call them.
Thanks,
  Kittu.

gielle (gielle_at_inrete.it) wrote:

: --------------27F3822545E0D28A77FB76E9

: I'm trying to install Oracle Server V7.3.2.1 on Sparc5 Solaris 2.5.1 no
: patch,
: maybe there is any big problem but i can't figure where!
: When i execute orainst (/c) for the first time i get a 'segmentation
: violation' error.
: I've tryed to understand why but i need help at the end !
: Alessandro Ghiselli

: --------------27F3822545E0D28A77FB76E9

: <HTML>
: I'm trying to install Oracle Server V7.3.2.1 on Sparc5 Solaris 2.5.1 no
: patch,
: <BR>maybe there is any big problem but i can't&nbsp; figure where!
: <BR>When i execute orainst (/c) for the first time i get a 'segmentation
: violation' error.
: <BR>I've tryed to understand why but i need help at the end !
: <BR>&nbsp;<A HREF="gielle_at_inrete.it">Alessandro Ghiselli</A>
: <BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

: --------------27F3822545E0D28A77FB76E9--