Re: calling external programs

From: Kevin Riibe <kevin.riibe_at_compaq.com>
Date: 1997/09/25

True, but cannot initiate the call from a stored procedure to execute the program. It cannot be done. If you have a external program executing and connected to the database, then another client connection could use DBMS_PIPE to communicate.

kumarg <kumarg_at_mindspring.com> wrote in article <01bcc851$902ff720$11f47fc0_at_gaatlakumarg.atlantaga.ncr.com>...