Understanding TKPROF and package procedure execution

From: Rick Brown <rbrown_at_ifsna.com>
Date: 1997/09/24

Hello all,

We use package and views to encapsulate database "objects" (this is Oracle 7.3), and then use the package procedures in Select statements as part of where clauses, etc. I am trying to use TKPROF to understand the execution and performance of certain complex views. Can anyone suggest where I can learn how the TKPROF report relates to the compilation/execution/elapsed time of procedures? Are there Oracle support experts whom I might talk with? The numbers I get often don't obviously reflect the number of rows in the underlying table, etc.

Thanks ahead of time,
Rick Brown Received on Wed Sep 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT