Help! Can I rebuild TEMP tablespace

From: LeidaD <leidad_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/09/24

I have 3 datafiles for the TEMP tablespace that totals to 3G. I kept running out of extents to do a massive sort, so I finally added the 3rd datafile to TEMP at 2G. Now that I have the table sorted and right where it needs to be, I do not want to waste space on the system with this 2G datafile hanging there after what I did. Question: Is it safe when the system is completely idle to Delete and recreate the TEMP tablespace to eliminate the extra datafiles WITHOUT crashing the system? I guess I want to know what the risk is since I've never tried this on TEMP tablespace.

Thank you for those who can shed insight to this.. We have Oracle 7.1.6 on an HP 10.01 o/s. Received on Wed Sep 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT