ORA-01858 date error when using Multi Threaded Servers

From: <mward_at_pm2.aluar.com.ar>
Date: 1997/09/23

Hi:

Using dblinks thru multi threaded servers against a 7.1.5 Alpha VMS database and also against a 7.2.2 SunOS database I get, every so often,
the error ORA-01858.

To reproduce the error I created a batch job which runs every few minutes
and aproximately once every 40 times it fails with said error:

My NLS_DATE_FORMAT starts with 'DD/MM/YY', I then
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'dd/mon/yyyy hh24:mi'; Then I
SELECT TO_CHAR(CREATED,'dd/mon/yyyy hh24:hi') FROM USER_USERS_at_dblink WHERE CREATED = '12/jun/1997 13:40';

This should return 'no row selected' or a specific row, but, as mentioned
above, I get above error every so often.

It's seem to me that the mts which gets my request does not know I have
changed the date format.

Can anyone sched any light on this.

Thanks

Michael Ward