Runtime installation of Oracle

From: Eric Drapeau <edrapeau_at_creo.com>
Date: 1997/09/22

The product we are currently developing uses Oracle 7.3 for Windows NT. When our customers will receive our product shrink-wrap on a CD-ROM, the installation procedure will install our files plus a runtime version of Oracle 7.3, configured for our product.

An ugly way to do so (want to avoid) would be to launch the Oracle Setup in the middle of our installation procedure. A better way would be to have our installation procedure setting up Oracle automatically without using the Oracle Setup program.

So far, here is what I think our installation process would have to do to install a Runtime version of Oracle without using the Oracle Setup:

I think those are the steps but I don't know any details of it (step missing, which files to copy, etc.). More information concerning this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Drapeau
edrapeau_at_creo.com Received on Mon Sep 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT