Re: ORA-12225 error explanation

From: <Paul.deAnguera_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: 1997/09/22

> jmf_at_informatik.uni-koblenz.de (Jens M. Felderhoff) writes:
> I was getting message ORA-12225 when debugging a program using the Oracle
> server.

ORACLE7 SERVER FOR UNIX ADMIN. REF. GUIDE: REL. 7.2 p.6-119:

ORA-12225: TNS: Destination host unreachable

Cause: Contact cannot be made with the remote party.

Action: Make sure the network driver is functioning and the network is up.

What I often find in these sqlnet errors is that the application is sending an invalid or no connect string. It needs to match an entry in TNSNMAES.ORA on both the client and the server.