Re: On Database backup....Urgent.

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 1997/09/22

Satish,
I did this a couple of times in HP-UX environment. What you are planning to do "might" work. Caution: Have a good backup of database and Oracle software. If the databases don't come up properly, you may have to re-install Oracle. I had to do this once. Let me know if you need more information as to what we did. Thanks,
  Kittu.

Satish S.Narasimha (somasatish_at_hotmail.com) wrote:
: Hello all,
:
: I have oracle 7.2.3 installed on solaris 4.1.
: Now my O/S is gone for the toss and i wanted to install o/S. I
: can't reinstall the oracle software...

: What i am planning to take the backup of full /home1 and /home2 where
: oracle is installed and have a reinstallation of o/s and then
: restore the information from the tape to hard disk and set up the
: kernal parameters..

: Doing the above method will restore my oracle back to normal
: stage or what...?

: Can anybody help me regarding this.....

: Awaiting for the reply ASAP...

: Thanks in advance....

: from
: satish : somasatish_at_hotmail.com