On Database backup....Urgent.

From: Satish S.Narasimha <somasatish_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/09/22

Hello all,

I have oracle 7.2.3 installed on solaris 4.1. Now my O/S is gone for the toss and i wanted to install o/S. I can't reinstall the oracle software...

What i am planning to take the backup of full /home1 and /home2 where oracle is installed and have a reinstallation of o/s and then restore the information from the tape to hard disk and set up the kernal parameters..

Doing the above method will restore my oracle back to normal stage or what...?

Can anybody help me regarding this.....

Awaiting for the reply ASAP...

Thanks in advance....

from
satish : somasatish_at_hotmail.com

         satish.muc_at_sni.de Received on Mon Sep 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT