Re: Oracle 7.3 Installation under Linux 2.0.28

From: Kendall Willets <kendall_at_slip.net>
Date: 1997/09/21

Roland van Hout <rvh_at_foxim.nl> wrote:
: It's a "QUICK" & "DIRTY" install, no orainst used!!!!
: Very simply I created all directories on the cd on my oracle home direcotry.
: Then I simply copied ALL uncompressed files to their corresponding places
: releative to oracles home.

FWIW we did 4-5 installs by cpio'ing the installation from one server to all the others. We tried running the installer to "upgrade database objects" but it only touched the logfiles and unix.prd (install file). Received on Sun Sep 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT