Oracle and Sybase compatibility

From: Stuart Macandrew <macand1s_at_wcc.govt.nz>
Date: 1997/09/20

We are currently running Sybase10/11 on Sun Solaris servers, and are considering running Oracle in addition for a new application. Our applications are client/server using Win/95 or NT4 clients.

Can anyone share their experiences (good and bad) of doing this. eg.
- can we run both servers on the same Solaris box, or should we dedicate a
box to each DBMS. What issues should we consider.
- compatibility of SQL*Net and Open Client on Win/95 workstations etc.

tyia

Stuart Macandrew
email: macand1s_at_wcc.govt.nz Received on Sat Sep 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT