Re: WAS 3.0 - DAD and Listener

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/09/20

Brian Gastineau wrote:

> Web Application Server 3.0
> Oracle Server 7.3.2.2
> HP-UX 10.20
>
> I've created a new Database Access Descriptor (DAD) and a new Web Listener
> (WL). I can't figure out how to tell the WL to connect through a specific
> DAD. Am I misunderstanding how these things work? I thought that the WL
> defined the port that the browser was to connect through and the DAD
> handled the security implementation.
>
> thanks,
> Brian

If you're using PL/SQL in your application you need to create a new PL/SQL agent and configure that to use your newly created DAD.

Cheers,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"