Using a different file for listener startup then listener.ora?

From: David Sivick <dsivick_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/09/19

 Can this be done?

I have my Oracle software NFS mounted and would like to simplify all the administration by having all the files in one directory location (ie. a separate listener.ora file in the network/admin directory of the NFS mount). I have 14 databases on 11 machines and would like to create a file called 'host'_listener.ora for each host. But I can't find where to make the listener on startup take another parameter file.

If all else fails I know I can set the TNS_ADMIN environment variable and move the listener.ora out onto the local host.

Thanks,
David Received on Fri Sep 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT