Re: Decoding Oracle password

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378nospam_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/09/19

It seems to me that Oracle keeps track of the password you entered as you logged in. When using the gateway to DB2 via a database link, we must enter the password in upper case. Oracle accepts the password in either upper or lower case but DB2 demands upper case. If we enter the password in upper case, the link to DB2 works. If we enter the password in lower case, DB2 rejects the password.

This might be evedence of decoding the password. But I think Oracle just remembers your login password.

--
John P. Higgins      Voice:    (309)765-7868
Deere & Company      Fax:      (309)765-7800