Re: from a stored procedure to Forms4.5, Passing query results

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/09/19

richard_at_ascada.demon.co.uk wrote:

> To improve performance i have moved a dynamically generated query
> from Forms4.5 to a stored procedure. this way the parsed query will be
> loaded into the SGA and only the variables in the 'where' clause need be
> filled with new params on subsequent calls.
>
> Now i have a results table of 14 columns and an average of 100 rows.
> How can i get this information from the stored procedure into a record
> group in Forms without dropping the session ??
>
> votes on wether or not you believe this to be possible are also of
> interest !
>
> cheers,
> richard,.
>
> richard_at_ascada.demon.co.uk

I did something like this using a package of functions and procedures.

It was ugly but effective. I had a create, an open, and a fetch type function. The package kept track of the cursor (built using dynamic SQL) and the fetch function returned a NULL when done. Give it a shot and let me know if you need more detail.

Loyal Received on Fri Sep 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT