Re: Help with Oracle Web Adminstrator

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/09/18

Haresh Assumal wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just installed Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 Adminstrator on a
> NT 4.0 machine. The installation seems to have gone well but when I try
> running the Oracle Administartor I keep getting an error message on my
> IE3.x browser :
>
> "The request did not specify a valid virtual host."
>
> What do I have to do to correct this? Any help on this matter would be much
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Haresh
> E-mail: assumal_at_sprynet.com

It could be that you did not include the IP domain name (the domain name you set up when you installed) in the URL, eg. http://host.x.y.z:8888/.

Cheers,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"