Re: Help!!! Rollback tablespace

From: Michael Bierenfeld <michael.bierenfeld_at_ibsgmbh.de>
Date: 1997/09/18

Yong Zou wrote:

> Our company just bought Oracle 7.3, and I created 4 tablespaces (Data,
> rollback, temp, user) for our new database. when I run from this
> database, I found it use system rollback tablespace instead of the
> rollback tablespace which I created. Is there anyone know what's the
> problem is, and how to fix it? Any inputs are welcome, and please send
> me a response via email. Thanks

  Whe usually outcomment the system rollback_segments in the init<SIDY>.ora file and then restart the database having only the "user" created rollbacksegments active.

looks something like this :

# Outcommented system rollb.
#rollback_segments      = (r01,r02,r03,r04)
# this are our rollback segments
rollback_segments       = (RBS01,RBS02,RBS03)

The system "created" rollbacksegments are usually to small to work with. We use them only when installing new rollback segments. Received on Thu Sep 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT