Re: Alpha OpenVMS & Oracle Req?

From: Matthew Reagan <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Date: 1997/09/18

Douglas,

What model of Vax are you currently on? The Alpha 2100 4/275 is a really nice box. With two processors, it can take on a number of the higher end Vax models. Also, the Alpha 2100 can take up to 4 processors, and really takes advantage of them when it has more. Additional processors are in the $2000 price range, so DOUBLING the CPU of your current Alpha is really cheap.

You may want to create a new database on the Alpha and run sample programs on it. If you can control both environments well, you may be able to develop a relevant benchmark.

Good luck on your upgrade.

Matt...

Douglas Scott <Douglas.S.Scott_at_boeing.com> wrote in article <341B12BF.24055B00_at_boeing.com>...