Re: Database shutdown on NT

From: Marco Foss <mfoss_at_no_spam.sio.uio.no>
Date: 1997/09/18

In article <kaKSHFA7JPH0MwVz_at_camk.demon.co.uk>, Andy_Hardy_at_camk.demon.co.uk says...

> >I don't recall who, but someone wrote a program which will do a
> >'shutdown immediate' upon NT shutdown. It installs as a service and
> >works quite well on 7.3.2.x and NT4. I use it in case someone or
> >something (UPS) wants to down NT and is not aware of the Oracle DB's
> >or the correct procedures.
> >
> >Filename is orasafe.exe but I cannot remember the ftp site.
> >
> >Hope this helps.
> >--
> >Marco
> >mfoss_at_no_spam.sio.uio.no
>
> Marco,
>
> This sounds like the sort of file I'm interested in.
>
> Unfortunately, Archie and WWW searches have failed to find orasafe.exe -
> anyone else know where this file may be?
>
> Andy
>
> --
> Andy Hardy
> Senior IT Systems Engineer

I haven't found it again, either, but have temporary made available the file at http://www.sio.uio.no/it/orasafe.exe . By the way, it looks like Mark Lavergne at oracle.com made this utility.

Marco Received on Thu Sep 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT