Partial Database Recovery

From: Luis Santos <lsantos_at_pobox.com>
Date: 1997/09/17

        Hello all!

        Is it possible to do a partial tablespace recovery? Let's suppose that one user accidently drop a table. The table are located in tablespace A. Then, I recover from last backup then datafile of tablespace A and recover it until one minute before the drop.

        I got the information that this is only possible with a FULL tablespace recovery, when I restore ALL datafiles... If I restore just one tablespace datafile I can just do FULL recovery.

        I think this is a bad implementation of recovery, and I really can't believe this limitation is true...

Best Regards,

--
Luis Santos
Banco InterAtlântico