Re: creating a database

From: Michael Abbey <masint_at_istar.ca>
Date: 1997/09/17

Pete Desnoyers wrote:

> I just installed Oracle for the first time and everything seem to go
> smooth. However, I chose not to create database objects during the
> installation.
> I prefer to create my own databases. Anyway, when I go to create the
> database I receive 3 error messages which do not describe the action to
> take very well.
>
> Here are the error messages:
>
> ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed
> ORA-01519: error while processing file '?/dbs/sql.bsq' near line 3
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-00406: COMPATIBLE parameter needs to be 7.2.0.0.0 or greater
>
> Please Help thx
>
> --
> http://jerry.engrs.infi.net

It depends what version of Oracle you are running ... there is a COMPATIBLE entry in INIT.ORA and if you do not specify a value for one, different evrsions of Oracle default it to certain values. The value used as a default for your version might be incompatible with what SQL.BSQ expects.

Michael Received on Wed Sep 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT