Alert, external UNIX process

From: Joerg Woelker <jwoelker_at_raie.de>
Date: 1997/09/16

Problem: We want to signal some Unix process an event out of Oracle database, i.e. an update into a table. The Unix process should be sleeping until this event occurs.

Question: Can we use Oracle alert to signal some abitrary Unix process? Is ist necessary to use an OCI-Call (with PL/SQL) to process Oracle-Alerts? Does a call to WAITANY using OCI also block the calling Unix program?

Help very much appreciated!

Joerg. Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT