Re: Database file deleted !!!

From: Kirti Deshpande <kirtid658_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/09/16

Jan Kopinec wrote:

> Please does anybody knows the soultion:
>
> On our ORACLE NT7.3 when the database
> was done the almoust empty database file was deleted but we did
> forget to delete its tablespace like the first. Is here any way how
> to start-up (open) the database and at least export the data
> out!
> Just to put up some similar "old-like" file insted of deleted one
> does not
> help because there is a lot of checking when the ORACLE server opens
> the database and it allways fails with any error message!
>
> Thanks, Jan Kopinec
> kopinec_at_ips-ag.ch

I am assuming you only had one datafile for the tablespace in question, if not do the following 'alter .... offline' command for all data files. From svrmgrl : connect internal

                startup nomount
                alter database datafile '<fullname of deleted file>'
offline;
                alter database open;

 The database will now be okay except you can not access the tablespace in question.
 You can now take this tablespace offline or drop it completely. Except for this tablespace your rest of the data base should be okay.  Hope this helps.
--
Kirti Deshpande        |    E-mail: kirtid658_at_gte.net
GTE Directories Corp   |    Voice : (972)543-7771