Q: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles on SUN server

From: The Kid <myname_at_myisp.usa>
Date: 1997/09/16

I'm setting up Oracle 7.3.3 on a SUN Ultra 3000 using Solaris 2.5.1. This is server A in a 2 server symetric VERITAS first-watch fail-over environment. All user accounts will login through the CDE.

In the process of creating the ORACLE user account, I am putting the various ORACLE env variables into the .profile file. I've then removed the comment from the .dtprofile, so that the desktop login reads and sets the ORACLE env variables correctly.

Everything is working fine EXCEPT the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. If I recall correctly, from the install guide, the following should work:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH blah-blah-blah:$LD_LIBARY_PATH; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I've checked, and there is no value in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, prior to executing this line of code.

What happens when I try logging in as ORACLE? The server crashes! Yes, CRASHES. In fact, it crashes so quickly, and so hard, that the /var/adm/message file is not even written to disk. I've run 4 more tests, with the LD..... line commented out, and left in. All tests achieve the same results. Yes, the math library and the directory exist.

SUN wants me to try and capture a core dump, but I want to hear from Oracle users as well.

Ideas?

Thx in advance.

Don
emale >> dondealy "at" teleport "dot" com Don
dondealy(at)teleport(dot)com

Portland OR USA

"Out of my mind. Back in five minutes." Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT