Re: Mulitple Applications Using the Same Database/Instance

From: Someone <answers_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/09/16

If the server capacity and network capacity are properly assessed, it causes no problems. The only potential issue outside of capacity is availability schedules for backup and recovery. Under one instance, if one app DB is corrupted, all of them are taken off-line for recovery in some cases. Cold backups require all apps being off-line at the same time for the entire backup process, which, I imagine, is now much longer.