Re: Adding Additional Databases

From: Michael Bierenfeld <michael.bierenfeld_at_ibsgmbh.de>
Date: 1997/09/16

David Parry wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to create 2 additional database on my Oracle server. I
> currenty have one database running now. How do I add additional
> instances? What files do I have to edit to create the new databases?
> I am running Oracle 7.3.3 on an SCO Unix server. Can some one please
> point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks
> dparry_at_nu-pharm.com

  In the subdir $ORACLE_HOME/dbs you will find two scripts."crdb<ORA_SID>.sql" and "crdb2<ORA_SID>.sql" copy those files (Those files were used to create your first instance). Change the string <ORA_SID< to your new instancename. Let them run. This will create you a new instance. WATCH OUT!!!!!! DONT DELETE YOUR OLD INSTANCE. Double check the new filenames etc. !!!!

To startup the instance locate the file /etc/oratab. and copy the line "<ORA_SID>:$ORACLE_HOME:Y to
<NEW_SID>:$ORACLE_HOME:Y. This file is used be the "dbstart" command. It will startup two instances then.

Michael Received on Tue Sep 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT